
As some of you know, I am currently trying to get may MA on in London. Of course London means rain, and rain means... some of my favorite animals, the slugs. Here is a compilation of the various slugs I've encountered here so far.

Here and above you can see a tiny black variety I commonly encounter at our campus at Goldsmiths' college, here seen with a rarer white variety. I don't know if the white one is a different species, or the molluskan equivalent of an albino. Both were little over a centimeter long.

But this giant was as big as a small egg and quite heavy to boot.

I found the titan around Deptford, lying under leaf litter. I tried to get it to "open up" by placing it on a straight surface, but it never showed me its face. Sadly, I have no means to identify any of these guys. Perhaps I should pickle the next ones I find and send them over to
Mr. Aydın Örstan?
No comments:
Post a Comment